Sunday, March 20, 2011

Black Mountain, NC

First stop is Black Mountain, NC, a small town about 20 minutes from Asheville. I chose Black Mountain because I couldn't find anything reasonably priced in Asheville, but I'm glad to be here. It's a cool little town, emphasize little.

My first run Sunday morning covered the town and then some in five miles, so the next however-many runs here over the next month will have to get creative. The roads around the entire area generally wind up and down the mountains or foothills with no shoulders or sidewalks; running options are limited.

In those five miles though I covered more hills than I've ever seen in Florida, and these hills had no water under them or drawbridges to stall your progress.

Black Mountain Town Center

Such a small town it is that on Sunday one single storefront was open in the downtown area -- luckily it was a coffee shop. Also the best coffee I've had in a while.

Dripolator Coffee Shop - Yummy Americano!

View from the Comfort Inn
Black Mountain Train Station

No comments:

Post a Comment